***August 10,2012 update: This contest is now closed. Congrats to our winner, jakubbauman. Thank you to everyone who participated!***
The new and improved version of Experts Exchange mobile has been live for a little over a week, and the response has been overwhelmingly positive.
“Mobile EE looks 10,000% better,” says top expert Alan Hardisty. “I can’t believe the improvement on the old mobile site.”
Built on the full site CMS introduced earlier this year, the mobile version of Experts Exchange focuses on core functionality, primarily asking questions, answering and search.
What’s New In EE Mobile
The new mobile experience has been carefully crafted to get you faster solutions, easier access to experts, and quicker updates to your technology problems, anywhere, anytime, on any modern device. Here are a few things you can expect.
- Focused scope to enhance performance
- Focused feature set for “snackable” content
- Standardized mobile visual vocabulary for mobile UI conventions
- Touch-optimized (where appropriate) for progressive device support
- Nearly image-less CSS3 display to enhance performance
The mobile version of Experts Exchange is only available to Premium Members and Qualified Experts who have earned free Premium Membership.
Win an iPhone Accessory Pack
Ready to check out EE Mobile? Here’s a fun little game to test out the search and commenting capabilities.
- Grab your smartphone and log on to experts-exchange.com (you should be redirected automatically to the mobile version of the site; alternatively, you can visit mobile.experts-exchange.com).
- Once you’re logged in, type “Free iPhone Accessory Pack” in the search bar.
- Click on the question with a matching title.
- Once you’ve found the question, post a comment.
If your comment is selected, you’ll win the iPhone Accessory Pack, including a portable backup charger (note: iPhone or iPod not included). Don’t have an iPhone? You can always give the accessory pack to a friend or sell it on eBay.