Network Like a Pro at Your Next Tech Conference */?> Network Like a Pro at Your Next Tech ConferenceSeptember 9, 2014 11:44 am ·
Conferences offer unparalleled opportunities to learn about new products and technologies, meet the leaders in your industry, and gain support for startup ventures. Make the most of your next experience and download this valuable Experts Exchange guide.
There are a number of things to do in order to thrive at your next conference, some of which happen before you even arrive:
- Do your research on the format and tone of the conference
- Download official conference apps to create a plan to be most efficient with your time
- Find some fun trivia facts about the conference history and host city to help spark more natural conversations
Before you arrive, take a deep breath, it’s going to be ok. Real-life networking is going to require small talk, awkward introductions, and elbow-rubbing – but it can form incredible connections and career opportunities. Transitioning your networking skills from digital to analog is easier with a few quick tips:
- Be curious and ask questions, people like to share their knowledge
- Continue the conversation online soon after to keep the momentum going
- Quality over quantity
When the conference comes to an end, it’s time to continue networking. Following through on your conversations is key to ensure you get the most of your investment. Nurture your relationships by touching base immediately and advancing the discussions you had in person.
For even more helpful tips and tools to network like a pro, download our free guide in the Resource Library, practice your handshake, and get ready for the most productive tech conference of your career.